Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Preface

Preface

While I was writing all these poems to make this poetry portfolio, the best thing I did was when I was writing the villanelle poem. To write a better poem than ever, I tried to use the dictionary and the internet to find the rhymes. But it wasn’t easy though, because I couldn’t find the words that fit into the topic of my villanelle poem. So, I had to make the connections between those rhyming words that I found to make the poem sense. Unexpectedly, the poem turned out to be quite successful, at least to me.
There was a person who inspired a lot. This person is my mother. She inspired me and encouraged me when I was frustrated writing poem. So, I really appreciate my mother about her help.
During the writing process, I value the peer assessments the most. Because by doing the peer assessments, I could discover how the poem made the audiences to think, what the audiences thought about while reading my poems and what the problems of the poems were.
I learned quite a lot about the six traits of writing. First of all, in convention, I learned that even the poem should follow the basic grammar, and that the poem should have all ending punctuations, just like when we write a formal essay. I thought the poem doesn’t need to follow the grammar patterns. Second, I learned that the word choice is very important in poetry. Even one choice of the word can change the mood or the meaning of the poem. In organization, I learned that the structure should well fit the topic of the poem. If not, then I will mess up the meaning of the poem. Also for the voice, I learned that the voice is also important because they can also change the meaning, because you find out what the mood is by listening to the author’s voice.

No comments: