Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Self Assessment -- The Knight and the Grave Villanelle(Villanelle Poem)

Self Assessment

This is a well-written villanelle poem, at least I think. I followed the rules of the villanelle. The rhymes all matched, and the repeating of the two lines weren’t awkward wherever they went. But still there are some problems I have to fix.

First, I have to be specific what all the rhyming words mean. For example, on the fourth stanza second row, it is written that I cannot move as though I am in front of judge. But not always can’t anyone move, even though all the juries, the prisoner, the witnesses, and the lawyers can’t move unless the judge allows them to. So I think I should work on that row to make more understandable to the audiences.

Second, I should work on the sentence fluency. Some sentences don’t seem to be quite fluent. So, I think I should try to make the sentences more fluent.

No comments: